From the town that started with a carriage, Flint & Genesee revolutionized manufacturing. Flint is the birthplace of General Motors and today 9,500 employees roll out GM’s most profitable products, the Chevrolet Silverado HD and GMC Sierra HD, pickups in the Flint Assembly Plant.
Small business in Flint & Genesee is driving innovations for tomorrow. Entrepreneurs are turning ideas into reality. Genusee is turning water bottles into sunglasses and Khumute is helping make cities smart with multimodal charging hubs.
With three major medical centers, headquarters to McLaren Health Care and Michigan State University College of Human Medicine, Flint & Genesee is home to some of the industry’s most skilled doctors and health care professionals.
According to the Bureau of Labor Market Information and Strategic Initiatives (BLMISI), the 10-year projected growth for the East Michigan region, which Flint & Genesee belongs, is highest in the following industries:
- Ambulatory Health Care Services (+17.5%)
- Food Manufacturing and Beverage and Tobacco Product Manufacturing (+15.2%)
- Construction (+12.6%)
- Professional, Scientific, Technical Services (+12.5%)
- Professional and Business Services (+11.0%)
- Social Assistance (+11.0%)
- Administrative and Support Services (+10.5%)
- Management of Companies and Enterprises (+9.5%)
- Health Care and Social Assistance (+8.5%)
- Transportation and Warehousing +(8.5%)
- Repair and Maintenance (+8.1%)