Recent news that Lansing-based Peckham, Inc. is looking to hire up to 200 sewing machine operators at its new facility in Flint Township was roundly applauded by area business and community leaders. And for many, it is a welcomed sign of the economic times.
The apparel manufacturer and vocational rehabilitation organization is one of several companies in Flint & Genesee looking for talent. With the county’s unemployment rate at 4.6 percent (as of December – the most recent data available – and the lowest since 2000), there are nearly 1,000 job openings with various local companies.
“At the Chamber, we believe Flint and Genesee County offers some great employment opportunities. The news of 1,000 open jobs available proves this,” said Tyler Rossmaessler, director of economic development at the Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce. “We’re working to help to connect people to these jobs.”
Peckham will host job fairs on March 6 and 13 at Genesee Valley Center as part of its hiring process. The company is accepting applications at peckham.org.
Other companies with openings to fill:
- Lear Corp. at its Flint manufacturing facility. More information available at lear.com and candidates may submit their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Android Industries is accepting resumes for various positions at avancezassembly.com/careers.
- Rassini Brakes has openings in Mt. Morris Township. Listing will be posted at mitalent.org.
- Huntington Bank has several job openings; learn more at careers.huntington.com.
- Diplomat Pharmacy needs patient service coordinators, communication specialists and other positions. Check out diplomatpharmacy.com/careers.
- Molex, formerly Laird, has openings for engineering positions at molex.com.
- Spud Software is looking for software developers, project managers and sales reps. Send information to email@example.com.
- Nagel Paper in Swartz Creek. Contact Nagel human resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mass Transportation Authority is looking to fill a variety of positions. Visit mtaflint.org.
- The Flint & Genesee Chamber is seeking qualified candidates for Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) Coordinator and Learning Guide for the YouthQuest program. Learn more at flintandgenesee.org/about/open-positions/.