2023 event introduces Bryant ‘BB’ Nolden Community Champion Award
(FLINT, Mich., Sept. 6, 2023) Each year, the Flint & Genesee Group and its divisions recognize notable business leaders, community champions, and hospitality professionals during the Art of Achievement Awards. With the ninth annual event just around the corner, the organization is seeking nominations for 14 different award categories — including one named in memory of the late Bryant “BB” Nolden, who passed away in December 2022.
The Bryant “BB” Nolden Community Champion award recognizes an individual or organization who works to improve Flint & Genesee through community collaboration, advocacy, and engagement.
“Bryant Nolden made a significant impact through his work as a county commissioner and a leader in the nonprofit and business community,” said Tim Herman, CEO of the Flint & Genesee Group. “We are honored to remember his legacy by recognizing others who carry forward his commitment to Flint & Genesee and serve as champions for this community.”
Nominations for this award, and 13 others, are due by Oct. 9 via online submission at FlintandGenesee.org/Art-of-Achievement-Awards. Self-nominations are allowed.
The full lineup of award categories accepting nominations is as follows:
- Business Impact Award: Recognizes a company with 50 or more employees making a positive impact in Flint & Genesee
- Small Business Award: Recognizes a company with less than 50 employees making a positive impact in Flint & Genesee
- Minority-Owned Business Award: Recognizes a minority-owned business making a positive impact in Flint & Genesee
- Claire M. White Award: Honoring a woman working for the betterment of Flint & Genesee in community, career, or someone else’s life
- Young Professional Leader Award: Recognizes a young professional 40 or younger making great strides to benefit their company and/or the community
- Nonprofit Impact Award: Recognizes a charity, church, or nonprofit making great strides to positively impact any facet of the Flint & Genesee community
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Champion Award: Recognizes a business or organization that has demonstrated leadership in helping make Flint & Genesee a place of opportunity and inclusion for those who live and work in the county, no matter their background or where they reside
- Hotel Ambassador of the Year: Recognizes a hospitality worker who provided outstanding service. This may include, but is not limited to front desk, host, hostess, housekeeper, guest services, hotel restaurant, and maintenance.
- Frontline Ambassador of the Year: Recognizes outstanding customer service in the non-hotel areas of food service, bartender, transportation, business, etc.
- Attraction of the Year: Awarded to a venue or attraction that continues to raise the bar, offering top notch entertainment or programming to the community and visitors
- Bryant “BB” Nolden Community Champion Award: Recognizes an individual or organization who improves Flint & Genesee through community collaboration, advocacy, and engagement
- Restaurant of the Year: Recognizes a restaurant for their outstanding service, menu, and overall experience of the customer
- Hotel of the Year: Recognizes a hotel for outstanding service, comfort, and attention to hotel guests, providing an excellent overall experience
- CTA of the Year: Recognizes an individual Flint & Genesee Certified Tourism Ambassador (CTA) who has gone above and beyond to promote the region, bring awareness to attractions, spread a hospitality-driven culture, and grow the CTA network
Winners will be announced at the Nov. 9 gala at the FIM Capitol Theatre. Additionally, the Flint & Genesee Group will also recognize the recipients of this year’s Art Hurand Award, C.S. Mott Award, and Economic Development Project of the Year Award during the event.
For information about event sponsorships, contact Gail Garrison at (810) 600-1427 or .