(FLINT, Mich. – March 29, 2018) Nearly 30 employers looking to fill entry-level positions will meet with job seekers during the Flint & Genesee Job & Resource Fair, to be held Friday, April 13, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Baker College of Flint.
The event – open to adults 18 and older – will also be attended by agencies providing career resources, health information and services including resume help and complimentary haircuts.
“This event is a great resource for job seekers,” said Rhetta Hunyady, vice president of education and training at the Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce. “It offers them the opportunity to connect with local employers as well as organizations that can help in advancing their careers and personal lives.”
Confirmed employers include:
- AmeriCorps/United Way of Genesee County
- AmeriStaff Nursing Services
- Android Industries
- Belle Tire
- City of Flint Blight Elimination Division
- Comcast Spotlight
- Corrigan Moving Systems
- Entech Staffing Solutions
- Express Employment Professionals
- Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce – YouthQuest
- Flint Area Schools Employees Credit Union
- Genesee County Community Action Resource Department (GGCARD) Head Start
- Genesee County Parks & Recreation
- Genesee Intermediate School District
- Hamilton Community Health Network
- Hi-Tec Building Services
- Honda of Grand Blanc
- Landings of Genesee Valley
- Michigan Community Services Inc.
- Newton Services hiring for Northgate
- PMC (Placement Management Center)
- Primerica of Grand Blanc
- PrintComm/Marketing Impact
- Signature Truck Systems LLC
- Teachout Security Solutions
- Webster & Garner, Inc.
Organizations and businesses providing resources and complimentary services include:
- 2nd Time Around Consignment
- Baker College
- Genesee County Health Department
- Genesee County Prevention Coalition
- Genesee Health Plan
- Greater Flint Health Coalition
- GST Michigan Works
- Michigan Rehabilitation Services, DHHS
- Michigan State Police
- Mott Community College
- Mpowering My Success (University of Michigan – Flint)
- Park Place Hair Studio
- The Disability Network
Walk-ins are welcome, although applicants are encouraged to register by Friday, April 6 at www.flintandgenesee.org/jobfair.
Attendees should dress professionally and bring several copies of the resume.
Check-in will be located at the college’s student center/admissions building.