Nominate an individual or business
Who are the leaders of the business community and exemplars of service in the hospitality industry in Flint & Genesee? The Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce and the Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB) want to know, as nominations are now open for the fifth-annual Art of Achievement Awards, the area’s premier showcase event.
Nominations are being sought in the following business and hospitality categories:
- CEO Business Award – Any company with 50 or more employees working to have a positive impact in Flint & Genesee.
- Small Business Award – Any company with less than 50 employees working to have a positive impact in Flint & Genesee.
- Minority-owned Business Award – Any minority-owned business working to have a positive impact in Flint & Genesee.
- Claire M. White Award – Honoring a woman working for the betterment of Flint & Genesee in community, career or someone else’s life.
- Young Professional Leader Award – Any young professional 35 or younger making great strides to benefit their company and/or the community.
- Nonprofit Impact Award – Any charity, church or nonprofit making great strides to positively impact any facet of the Flint & Genesee community.
- Gloria J. DeHart Award – Exemplifies an individual or organization who has worked to improve Flint & Genesee in the eyes of the hospitality community, creating a positive impact and perception of Flint & Genesee.
- Hospitality Ambassador Award – Recognizes exemplary customer service in the non-hotel areas of food service, bartender, transportation, business, etc.
- Frontline Ambassador Award – Recognizes a hospitality worker within a Genesee County hotel who provided outstanding service to guests staying at their establishment.
- Restaurant of the Year – Recognizes a Genesee County restaurant for their outstanding service, menu and overall experience of the customer.
- Hotel of the Year – Recognizes a Genesee County hotel for outstanding service, comfort and attention to hotel guests, providing an excellent overall experience.
- Entertainment Venue of the Year – Recognizes an entertainment or live performing arts venue that continues to raise the bar, offering an array top notch entertainment to the community and visitors.
- Community Champion Award – Recognizes a local resident who worked with the Flint & Genesee CVB staff to bring a meeting into Genesee County that had the highest economic impact in terms of attendees and overnight rooms.
“This is always an exciting event when we get to recognize some of the trailblazers and up-and-coming leaders who are helping to move Flint & Genesee forward,” said Chamber CEO Tim Herman. “And, as in past years, we expect our job will be just as challenging in selecting this year’s winners.”
Nominations are open to for-profit businesses, nonprofits and individuals in Genesee County, and are due Wednesday, Oct. 17, via online submission at flintandgenesee.org/aoaa-nominate. Self-nomination is also permissible.
Winners will be announced at the Nov. 8 gala at the magnificent and recently expanded Flint Institute of Arts.