(FLINT, Mich. – April 23, 2019) More than 30 employers will meet with job seekers during the Flint & Genesee Job & Resource Fair on Thursday, May 2. The event – open to adults 18 and older – will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Genesee Valley Center in the J.C. Penney wing.
“We’re excited to bring this event to such a popular community space in Genesee County,” said James Avery, director of Education & Training at the Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce. “This is a great opportunity for job seekers to meet with employers and community organizations that can help advance their careers.”
According to Avery, participating employers represent a variety of industries, including education, finance, food and beverage, health care, hospitality, manufacturing, retail and transportation. They include:
- Ashley HomeStore
- Avancez Assembly – Android Industries Flint
- Covenant Glen of Frankenmuth
- Dean Transportation
- Express Employment Professionals
- Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce
- Genesee Ceramic Tile
- Great Lakes Robotics
- Huntington Bank – Customer Solution Center
- Kelly Services
- Lodgco Hospitality
- MacPizza LLC
- Mass Transportation Authority
- McFarlan Villages
- Michigan Community Services, Inc.
- Michigan State Police Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Division
- Northgate Packaging
- Peckham Inc.
- Pinnacle Hospitality
- PMC Staffing
- Qualified Staffing
- Randy Wise Automotive Group
- Regency at Grand Blanc
- Signature Truck Systems, LLC
- The DM Burr Group
- U.S. Census
Some stores from the shopping center will also be accepting resumes.
Additionally, the event will also be attended by agencies and businesses providing a variety of free resources, including interview clothing from 2nd Time Around Consignment and haircuts from Park Place Hair Studio.
Additional community organizations will be on site to discuss employment training, volunteer opportunities and more. They include:
- AMI Tech
- Clear Captions
- Communities First, Inc.
- DRM International Learning Center
- Essential Bodywear
- Flint and Genesee Literacy Network
- Genesee County Prevention Coalition
- Grand Canyon University
- Greater Flint Health Coalition
- GST Michigan Works
- Heartland Hospice
- Mt. Morris Consolidated Schools
- Northwood University
- Spring Arbor University-Flint
- STAT EMS, Inc
- University of Michigan-Flint’s Mpowering My Success
Walk-ins are welcome, although applicants are encouraged to register at www.flintandgenesee.org/jobfair.
Attendees should dress professionally and bring several copies of the resume. Event organizers recommend using the mall entrance through the Outdoor Village.