Nominate an individual or business for the eighth-annual Art of Achievement Awards
Who are the leaders of the business community and exemplars of service in the hospitality industry in Flint & Genesee? The Flint & Genesee Group needs your input, as nominations are now open for the eighth-annual Art of Achievement Awards, the region’s premier showcase event.
Nominations for 2022 are being sought in the following business and hospitality categories:
- Business Impact Award: Any company with 50 or more employees working to have a positive impact in Flint & Genesee.
- Small Business Award: Any company with fewer than 50 employees working to have a positive impact in Flint & Genesee.
- Minority-owned Business Award: Any minority-owned business working to have a positive impact in Flint & Genesee.
- Claire M. White Award: Honoring a woman working for the betterment of Flint & Genesee in community, career or someone else’s life.
- Young Professional Leader Award: Any young professional 40 or younger making great strides to benefit their company and/or the community.
- Nonprofit Impact Award: Any charity, church or nonprofit making great strides to positively impact any facet of the Flint & Genesee community.
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Champion Award: A business or organization that has demonstrated leadership in their diversity, equity and inclusion efforts to help make Flint & Genesee a place of opportunity and inclusion for those who live and work in the county, no matter their background or where they reside.
- Hotel Ambassador of the Year: Recognizes a hospitality worker who provided outstanding service. This may include, but is not limited to front desk, host, hostess, housekeeper, guest services, hotel restaurant and maintenance.
- Frontline Ambassador of the Year: Recognizes outstanding customer service in the non-hotel areas of food service, bartender, transportation, business, etc.
- Attraction of the Year: Awarded to a venue or attraction that continues to raise the bar, offering top notch entertainment or programming to the community and visitors.
- Gloria DeHart Community Champion: Recognizes an individual or organization who works to improve Flint & Genesee through community collaboration, advocacy and engagement.
- Restaurant of the Year: Recognizes a restaurant for their outstanding service, menu and overall experience of the customer.
- Hotel of the Year: Recognizes a hotel for outstanding service, comfort and attention to hotel guests, providing an excellent overall experience.
Nominations are open to for-profit businesses, nonprofits and individuals in Genesee County, and are due Oct. 12 via online submission at flintandgenesee.org/art-of-achievement-awards. Self-nominations are allowed.
Winners will be announced at the Nov. 3 gala at the Capitol Theatre.
For more information about sponsorships, contact Andrew Younger at (810) 600-1419 or .