Michigan Small Business Restart Program
In response to the economic impact of COVID-19, the State of Michigan has allocated $100 million of CARES Act funding to implement the Michigan Small Business Restart Program to support the needs of Michigan Businesses directly impacted by COVID-19. The Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce and its partners in the I-69 Thumb Region have been allocated about $8 million from the MEDC to support eligible businesses in Shiawassee, Genesee, Lapeer, St. Clair, Sanilac, Huron and Tuscola counties. The selection process will be managed locally by a review committee comprised of business and community leaders. Applicants could apply for up to $20,000 in grant funds.
Funds can be used as working capital to support payroll expenses, rent, mortgage payments, utility expenses or other similar expenses.
To qualify for grant support, organizations must meet the following criteria:
- Businesses must have 50 or fewer total employees
- Is a business or nonprofit that can demonstrate it is affected by the COVID-19 emergency
- Needs working capital to support eligible expenses
- Demonstrates an income loss as result of the COVID-19 emergency
The local review committee will be scoring on additional factors that will impact the grant selection process, and include:
- Is your business a focus Industry (manufacturing, Ag, Tech, Engineering/Design, Med Device, logistics) or is your business located in a downtown or commercial corridor?
- Has your business made attempts to adapt/innovate/pivot to maintain revenue during pandemic?
- How important is your business to the community? Does your business help define the place/community in which it is located?
Restart Flint & Genesee Grant Program
Restart Flint & Genesee is a special recovery program established by the Flint & Genesee Chamber to assist small businesses in Genesee County that have suffered economic distress because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Application process is currently closed.