Be a Tourist in Your Home Town has been reimagined for 2019.
In place of a single event to allow visitors to experience more than two-dozen venues and attractions in Flint & Genesee in one day, Be a Tourist in Your Home Town has been expanded to offer themed, one-day tour packages from May to October. The event is sponsored by the Flint & Genesee Convention and Visitors Bureau.
“Be a Tourist in Your Home Town has been a great event for the residents of Flint & Genesee, as well as for non-residents, to experience some of the best attractions in our community, all for only $1,” said CVB Director Alaina Wiens. “But it’s tough to squeeze it all into one day or you have a schedule conflict.
“The Be a Tourist in Your Home Town Series was created to give local tourists a richer experience of the different attractions in Genesee County. In addition, it’s now free for all except for the Craft Beer Scene tour in June.”
Free transportation is still provided by the MTA. However, registration is required for each tour because space is limited.
The fun begins May 18, from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., with Explore Flint & Genesee Family Friendly. Tour stops include:
- Flint Children’s Museum
- Applewood Estate
- Sloan Museum at Courtland Center
- For-Mar Nature Preserve & Arboretum
Register online at flintandgenesee.org/be-a-tourist-in-your-home-town-series or by phone at 810.600.1456.
The May 18 tour also takes place on the final day of this year’s Flint Restaurant Week. Tourists can conclude their day by checking out one of the more than two-dozen participating restaurants in and around downtown Flint. (See participating restaurants below.)
Upcoming tours in the Be a Tourist series:
- June (date TBD) – Explore Flint & Genesee’s Craft Beer Scene (Cost: TBD and must 21 to participate)
- July 13 – Explore Flint & Genesee County History (FREE)
- August 9 – Explore Flint & Genesee County Trails (FREE)
- September 21 – Explore Flint & Genesee County Orchards (FREE)
- October 12 – Explore Flint & Genesee Arts and Culture (FREE)
Flint Restaurant Week participating establishments:
- 501 Bar & Grill
- Blackstone’s Pub & Grill
- Café Rehma
- Churchill’s Food & Spirits
- Cork on Saginaw
- Flint Crepe Co.
- Flint Farmers’ Market
- A Bit of Earth
- Beirut Restaurant
- Charlie’s Smokin BBQ
- Chubby Duck Sushi
- Flour & Eggs
- Semi-Sweets LLC
- Spectacular Spudz
- Sweet Peaces Veggie Bistro
- Foster Coffee Co.
- Halo Burger
- Hoffman’s Deco Deli & Cafe
- Krystal Jo’s Diner
- Soggy Bottom
- Steady Eddy’s Cafe
- Table & Tap
- Timothy’s Pub
- Torch Bar & Grill
- Totem Books
- Vehicle City Tacos @ Tenacity Brewing
- White Horse Tavern