Flint & Genesee
Lead Now is the Flint & Genesee Group’s premier leadership development program. This skills-based program is designed for motivated people who want to strengthen their leadership effectiveness. This program allows participants the opportunity to build upon their own leadership strengths through dynamic learning experiences.
Lead Now is a comprehensive, professional development program for motivated people who want to uplift organizations. Sessions are held monthly between September and May and will provide essential resources and practical knowledge to transform you and your leadership competence.
Analysis: The Leadership Effectiveness Analysis™ (LEA) assessment provides feedback in six leadership functions: team playing, creating a vision, developing followership, implementing the vision, following through, and achieving results.
Understanding: You will receive a personalized debrief about the results of your analysis which provides the opportunity to set goals for development.
Application: With your coach and fellow participants, you will devise specific practice and application exercises that will solidify your understanding of key leadership and management principles.
Education: Participation in Lead Now offers additional workshop and educational opportunities during the year.
Networking: Your team will collaborate and meet nine times a year to discuss and learn from each other and from local experts.
Criteria and Qualifications:
- Two years of professional experience
- Approval of current employer
- Attendance at one required information session
- Completion of application form
- Commitment to 90% attendance
The 2022/2023 Lead Now cohort is currently seeking Request for Proposals (RFP) to select the cohort’s community impact project. We invite you to submit a potential project for our participants to complete during their upcoming class year.
Potential projects should:
- Benefit an established 501(c)(3) nonprofit agency, located in and serving Genesee County.
- Fulfill a specific community need in Genesee County.
- Be able to be completed between December 2022– May 2023.
- Be large enough in scope for 10 people to actively play a role in the project. (May include committees such as: logistics, budget, finance, marketing, and others.)
- Have the ability for the class to develop it further and/or modify the scope as determined during project development with general agreement from your organization.
- Be something that the nonprofit would not otherwise have the resources to accomplish or would allow the nonprofit to put their resources to better use.
- Be something that, upon completion, your organization will take over and manage as required going forward.
- Not be purely fundraising, though the class will raise funds and materials for the project.
Lead Now 2020 Cohort
It (Lead Now) gave me the opportunity to grow out of a shell that I didn’t even know I was in. The personal growth I’ve experienced has been worth its weight in gold
For more information, visit alpleaders.org
Interested in learning more about the Lead Now program?