(FLINT, Mich., November 11, 2015) –The Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce today announced continued growth in its membership, with 15 area businesses joining the organization in October. These new members represent a wide range of industries and are actively contributing to the success and economic activity of this region.
“We’re pleased to welcome our new members to the Flint & Genesee Chamber,” said Tim Herman, CEO of the Chamber. “They have joined hundreds of business owners and managers working with the Chamber to move the economy forward and make Flint and Genesee County a better place to work, live and play. And we’re excited to have them join us.”
The businesses include:
- Bangtown Productions/Studio on the Go 1 (Flint): A mobile studio program that teaches youth how to write and record music.
- Device Doctors LLC (4044 Corunna Road, Flint): An electronics retailer specializing in computer and smart device repair.
- Goods Roofing Inc. (4477 S. Center Road, Burton): A roofing contractor providing roof repair, inspection and replacement services, in addition to siding and insulation offerings.
- June’s Floral Company (9313 N. Dort Highway, Mt. Morris): A family-owned retailer specializing in floral arrangements and gifts.
- Lowe’s – Flint (2100 T.A. Mansour Blvd., Flint): A retailer specializing in home improvement-related goods, including tools, flooring, hardware, paint, etc.
- Medical Coverage Services (4250 N. Saginaw Road, Flint): A medical practice focusing on internal medicine.
- Metro Ag Services, Inc. (Detroit): An energy company working with Michigan farmers to produce affordable biodiesel/renewable diesel from the Pennycress plant.
- Michigan Saw & Tool Company (424 W. Main St., Flushing): A manufacturer specializing in the saw blade industry.
- Mike Naddeo Photography (Grand Blanc): A commercial and editorial photographer serving the greater Flint area.
- Premier Oral Surgery and Implants (10683 S. Saginaw St., Grand Blanc): A health care provider specializing in oral surgery and implants.
- Sean Bellows Web Consultant (Ann Arbor): A web designer and front-end developer whose portfolio includes Flipboard and the University of Michigan-Flint.
- Shumaker’s Ski & Snowboard (2342 S. Ballenger Highway, Flint): A sports retailer offering a full line of Alpine skiing, Nordic/cross country skiing and snowboarding gear, apparel and accessories.
- The Local Grocer (300 W. First Street, Flint): A collaboration of businesses selling locally grown produce at the Flint Farmers’ Market.
- Townline Sales and Service (424 W. Main Street, Flushing): An ATV and motorcycle retailer that also provides a full-range of lawnmower, snowblower, small engine, ATV and snowmobile repair and maintenance services.
- Vetcon, Inc. (412 S. Saginaw Street, Flint): A contractor offering plumbing, heating, and air-conditioning services.
As members of Genesee County’s largest business advocacy organization, these businesses can take advantage of several benefits available through the Chamber, including money saving and insurance programs, business and talent services, networking opportunities, seminars and workshops, and assistance in securing government contracts.
“Our services can have a major impact on sustaining and growing businesses of all sizes, but particularly small businesses,” said Heather Kale, Director of Member Services for the Chamber. “In addition to providing networking services, we help companies enter new markets and connect them with talent and financial resources. Our goal is to help businesses make their goals become reality.”
For more information about member services, contact Heather Kale at or Amber Taylor at , or call (810) 600-1404.