With the outbreak of coronavirus in Michigan, TeenQuest is closely monitoring and complying with guidance provided by local, state and federal partners including the Genesee County Health Department, State of Michigan and Centers for Disease and Control.
TeenQuest sessions are currently only offered virtually.
TeenQuest is a FREE Pre-Employment Training that prepares you to STAND OUT from other job seekers!
The TeenQuest program is currently offered virtually only until Face-to-Face Learning is fully operational at all high schools.
Application Link Below
If you have ever asked yourself any of these questions – then TeenQuest is for you!
- I want a job but where do I start?
- What do I put on a resume?
- What are my skills?
- How do I answer interview questions without work experience?
- Will anyone hire me without work experience?
TeenQuest is a FREE, Pre-Employment Leadership and Training program designed with teens in mind and focuses on providing a basic understanding of skills that will prepare you to STAND OUT and give you an edge professionally and personally. If you are between the ages of 14-19 and currently in grades 9-12 in a Genesee County school – you do not want to miss this opportunity.
Plus TeenQuest can help you land an awesome summer job with earnings up to $2,000!
TeenQuest graduates are invited to the Summer Youth Initiative (SYI) Job Fair filled with employers looking to hire TeenQuest students!
Training covers core employment competencies that every employer looks for in an employee. Students must demonstrate the following skills:
- Business etiquette
- Application/resumé preparation
- Workplace ethics
- Character development
- Positive mental attitude
- Managing change
- Taking initiative
- Conflict resolution
- Setting goals
- Financial literacy
Sign up for TeenQuest today and discover how change starts with you.
If you are 14-19 years old, in 9th-12th grade and want to learn important skills to help you get and keep a job, then TeenQuest is for you!
TeenQuest training is offered several times throughout the school year virtually. TeenQuest will continue to offer future sessions online until it is deemed safe/appropriate to conduct sessions in person. This allows you to participate in other activities, such as sports and other clubs that you would also like to do after school.
- Session 3 – Orientation January 7, 2021; Program runs January 11 through February 11, 2021
- Session 4 – Orientation February 18, 2021; Program runs February 22 through March 25, 2021
TeenQuest has successfully graduated several Virtual program sessions since the Stay at Home Order began in March. Students choosing to participate in the Virtual TeenQuest session will receive the same quality content, facilitator interaction, and meaningful assignments to support the topics covered.
By applying to participate in TeenQuest virtually, you are committing to:
- Attending orientation
- Participation in one hour sessions every Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. during the session
- Completion of a resume, job application, and a few other assignments outside of your virtual class time with TeenQuest facilitators (up to 3 hours total over the course of 5 weeks).
- Access to a desktop computer, laptop, tablet or mobile device for class participation and assignment completion.
Please select “Student/Alumni” and create an account if you do not currently have one.
Please contact Dawn Bye at (810) 600-1413 for additional information.
Please make sure we have your current contact information
In order to receive updates and information regarding Summer Youth Initiative (SYI) Job Fairs and employment opportunities, we must have your current address, phone number and email. Please click the button below if your information has changed.