TeenQuest is a pre-employment and leadership training program for high school students ages 14 to 19
TeenQuest is a pre-employment and leadership training program designed to prepare teens for success in the 21st-century workplace. Enrollment is open to all students, ages 14-19 in grades 9-12, in Flint and Genesee County.
Students who graduate from TeenQuest are invited to attend the Summer Youth Initiative (SYI) Job Fair, which connects hundreds of local teens to summer employment each year. Additionally, other job and internship opportunities may become available to TeenQuest alumni throughout the school year.
Application Link Below
This hands-on workshop series – offered after school and during the summer – aims to give students a basic understanding of skills that are required in today’s workforce. Leadership, as it relates to TeenQuest, is defined as a set of skills and the application and use of these skills at school, home and work.
Training covers core employment competencies that every employer looks for in an employee. Students must demonstrate the following skills:
- Business etiquette
- Application/resumé preparation
- Workplace ethics
- Character development
- Positive mental attitude
- Managing change
- Taking initiative
- Conflict resolution
- Setting goals
- Financial literacy
- Demonstrate proficiency in TeenQuest skills
- Develop personal goals and action plans for applying TeenQuest skills at home, school and work
- Complete the required evaluation forms
- Complete the TeenQuest volunteer service day
- Dress appropriately for and demonstrate job interview skills during a mock interview
- Attend the TeenQuest graduation ceremony
Sign up for TeenQuest today and discover how change starts with you.
If you are 14-19 years old, in 9th-12th grade and want to learn important skills to help you get and keep a job, then TeenQuest is for you!
TeenQuest training is offered several times throughout the school year at various school sites around Genesee County. You do not need to attend classes at the school to participate in TeenQuest at that site. These options allow you to participate in other activities, such as sports and other clubs that you would also like to do after school
Session 3: January 6 to February 6, 2020
- Atherton High School, 2:45 p.m. to 4:45 p.m.
- Boys & Girls Club, 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Carman-Ainsworth High School, 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- LakeVille High School, 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- New Standard Academy, 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Southwestern Classical Academy, 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Session 4: February 24 to March 27, 2020
- Bentley High School, 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Carman-Ainsworth Baker Academy, 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Genesee STEM Academy, 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Grand Blanc High School, 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Hamady High School, 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Lake Fenton High School, 2:45 p.m. to 4:45 p.m.
- Swartz Creek High School, 2:45 p.m. to 4:45 p.m.