Sign up for TeenQuest and discover how change starts with you.
If you are 14-19 years old, in 9th-12th grade and want to learn important skills to help you get and keep a job, then TeenQuest is for you!
TeenQuest training is offered several times throughout the school year at various schools. You do not need to attend the school where a session is hosted to participate in TeenQuest workshops. The program is currently in person only.
TeenQuest is a five-week program held Mondays through Thursdays unless otherwise noted.
- Session 1: September 20, 2021 to October 21, 2021
– Genesee STEM Academy: 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
– Bendle High School: 2:50 p.m. – 4:50 p.m.
- Session 2: November 1, 2021 to December 2, 2021
– Madison Academy: 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
– Linden High School: 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
– Southwestern Classical Academy: 3:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
– Accelerated Learning Academy: 3:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Session 3: January 10, 2022 to February 10, 2022
– Kearsley High School: 2:30 p.m. – 4:30 pm
– International Academy of Flint: 4:30 p.m. – 6:30 pm
– Boys & Girls Clubs: 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 pm
– Hamady High School: 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 pm
– Beecher High School: 3:05 p.m. – 5:05 pm
- Session 4: February 21, 2022 to March 24, 2022
– Carman-Ainsworth High School: 2:15 p.m. – 4:15 pm
– Grand Blanc High School: 2:30 p.m. – 4:30 pm
– Swartz Creek High School: 2:30 p.m. – 4:30 pm
– New Standard Academy: 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 pm
Please select “Student/Alumni,” then click on “Sign Up” to register.
TeenQuest is a FREE Pre-Employment Training that prepares you to STAND OUT from other job seekers!
The TeenQuest program will be returning in person this fall.
If you have ever asked yourself any of these questions – then TeenQuest is for you!
- I want a job but where do I start?
- What do I put on a resume?
- What are my skills?
- How do I answer interview questions without work experience?
- Will anyone hire me without work experience?
TeenQuest is a FREE, Pre-Employment Leadership and Training program designed with teens in mind. The program focuses on providing a basic understanding of employment skills that will prepare you to STAND OUT! Gain an edge professionally and personally. If you are between the ages of 14-19 and currently in grades 9-12 in a Genesee County school – you do not want to miss this opportunity.
Plus TeenQuest can help you land an awesome summer job with earnings up to $2,000!
TeenQuest graduates are invited to the Summer Youth Initiative (SYI) Job Fair filled with employers looking to hire TeenQuest students!
Training covers core employment competencies that every employer looks for in an employee. Students must demonstrate the following skills:
- Business etiquette
- Application/resumé preparation
- Workplace ethics
- Character development
- Positive mental attitude
- Managing change
- Taking initiative
- Conflict resolution
- Setting goals
- Financial literacy
Please make sure we have your current contact information
In order to receive updates and information regarding Summer Youth Initiative (SYI) Job Fairs and employment opportunities, we must have your current address, phone number and email. Please click the button below if your information has changed.