Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC)
The Region 6 PTAC provides procurement advice and counseling to Michigan companies interested in doing business with local, state, and federal governments and is funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the Defense Logistics Agency and MEDC. Region 6 PTAC serves seven counties, including: Geneseee, Huron, Lapeer, Sanilac, Shiawassee, St. Clair, and Tuscola.
PTAC has a track record of successfully preparing local businesses to win government contracts on the local, state and federal levels. We can help you navigate the government contracting maze. The highly accessible team will work with you from start to finish providing flexible, responsive and confidential counsel. As a PTAC client, you gain the value of working with a team that is certified in federal contract management, experienced in all levels of government contracting, proposal development and opportunity identification.
PTAC clients can receive:
- Individualized business counseling
- Registration and Certifications
- Identification of local, state and federal bid opportunities
- Support with bid proposals
- Training/networking/matchmaking events
- Federal Acquisition Regulations
- Procurement award history
- And more…
The Region 6 PTAC staff are certified contracting specialists that will provide you with the most current and relevant information available to get you headed in the right direction. There is no cost to our services and you do not have to be a Chamber Member to work with us. We can set up an individual meeting, at our office or yours, to discuss how our services can benefit your government contracting needs. We offer several training opportunities that goes over the process for beginners and next steps for those that might have explored the topic. To find out about these and other networking opportunities, please visit: flintandgenesee.org/events/calendar
The Region 6 PTAC offers an electronic Bid Match service that searches over 2,000 government databases including state and local agencies on a daily basis and will directly email you bid opportunities based on your company’s keywords and industry codes. This is a great free service that we can customize to match your company’s capabilities perfectly! We’ll also help you create a search profile with keywords, so you only see the bids you are interested in. The best part about is that this is a free service to you. Some of the sites searched include:
- Federal Business Opportunities: All Federal contracts valued at $25k or larger are listed on this site.
- Defense Internet Bid Board System (DIBBS): Great place to learn defense contracting. DIBBS lists items such as: spare parts for defense vehicles and weapon systems, textiles, and medical supplies.
- The State of Michigan Bid System: On this site you can find information on all 1,200 contracts that the State of Michigan currently holds, you can also see what contracts are currently seeking proposals.
- Michigan Inter-governmental Trade Network: Many counties and cities in Michigan list contracting opportunities on this site.
For more information and to get your Bid Match profile set up today, contact Stacy Betts at: (810) 600-1432 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stacy Betts, Regional Director, PTAC
Renee Boals-Peel, CTA, PTAC Counselor
Jasmine McKenney, Sr. PTAC Counselor
Courtney Patterson, PTAC Counselor
Ashley Sanders, PTAC Counselor