Convention & Visitors Bureau
Tour Flint & Genesee
The Flint & Genesee area is filled with discoveries where groups will find a rich history and communities with character. Looking for a unique experience for your group? See how Flint & Genesee can provide a locale full of culture, dining, and memories to last a lifetime.
We offer a selection of tours throughout the year for residents and visitors with our Be a Tourist in Your Home Town Series.
For a customized experience, learn more and reach out to our team below.
Customize your tour experience!
We can help organize and plan your upcoming tour. With attractions and locations for every group, we can help you create an unforgettable event! Check out of a few of our ideas below:
- Plan a cultural tour of the downtown Flint area. Flint & Genesee is home to such wonderful attractions such as the Flint Institute of Arts, the second largest art gallery in Michigan, and the largest planetarium in the Midwest, Longway Planetarium.
- If culinary tours are what you are looking for, we have an abundance of markets, orchards and dairy farms. We also have the beautiful Applewood Estates, an 18-acre estate belonging to the Mott Family, which is a horticulturist’s dream.
- Step back in time and visit an 1800’s working village, Crossroads Village and the Huckleberry Railroad. Sloan Museum details the history of Flint & Genesee and the Whaley Historic House Museum, a Victorian mansion, is a great stop for tea and scones.
- If entertainment is what you are looking for, then there is The Whiting’s Showcase Series, the New McCree Theatre and the Michigan Renaissance Festival, which opens yearly from mid-August through September.
- Shopping more your speed? We are conveniently located between the two largest shopping malls in the state, the Great Lakes Crossing Outlets and Birch Run Premium Outlets, not to mention our many antique malls, the Genesee Valley Shopping Center and Courtland Center Mall.
- Free tour planning assistance
- Gifts upon arrival for driver and escort of overnight groups as well as “Flint” pins for the entire group
- Step on city tour guide
- Itinerary suggestions
- Hotel rate searches
- Familiarization tours
- Unique group activity packages
Ready to plan? Contact us today!
Courtney Irish, CMP, CTA
Group Sales Manager