Applewood

Address:
1400 E. Kearsley Street, Flint, MI
Website:
http://www.ruthmottfoundation.org/applewood/
Phone:
(810) 233-3835

Details

A department of the Flint Cultural Center Campus, Applewood was built in 1916 as a gentleman’s farm for the Charles Stewart Mott family. The home and grounds encompass about 34 acres that include an orchard with 29 varieties of heritage apples and 18 acres that are extensively landscaped. The original gatehouse, barn and chicken coop complete the estate, which serves as a living laboratory, a neutral and inspiring location for gatherings, a center for learning through its public on-site programs and a base from which its skilled horticulturists and archivists support grantees and community initiatives. Check website for hours of operation and special events.