Whether you’re spending Valentine’s weekend with your partner, kids or friends, there are plenty of ways to celebrate in Flint and Genesee. For example, you might:
- Hit the ice with Mickey and Minnie Mouse at Crystal Fieldhouse Ice Arena. The open skate is scheduled from 2:30-4 p.m. Feb. 11. General admission is $10, with VIP and family packages available.
- Take a moonlit stroll through the For-Mar nature preserve. As part of the “Whooo’s In Love?” event on Feb. 11, couples can participate in several fun activities both indoors and out. Pre-registration required by Feb 9. For ages 18 and older. Cost: $2/person
- Head to Greater Flint Arts Council on Feb. 11 for a romantic evening of painting, music, cocktails, hors d’oeuvres, spoken word and entertainment! Cost: $75/couple or $45/person
- Check out Galentine’s Day for Gals in Need on Feb. 12. The community is invited to enjoy an afternoon of crafts and card-making while supporting the women who use the services at the Shelter of Flint.
- Enjoy an evening of live music at the Flint Local 432 on Feb. 12. The Free Valentine’s Day Show, to be held from 8-10:30 p.m., will feature Lemoncollies, Solitary Subversion and Ruse.
- On Feb. 13, enjoy a three-course meal at the Sloan Museum. During the “Enduring Love Dinner,” actors will bring to life the story of Isidor and Ida Straus, founders of Macy’s, who perished aboard the Titanic. Cost: $150/couple
- Fall in Love with Coffee on Feb. 14 at Café Rhema. Learn how to make the perfect pour-over while sampling six different coffees from regions around the world as well as pastries from Crust bakery in Fenton. Cost:$18/person
- Do a bit of a shopping while enjoying food and unicorn drinks at the Glam Box Boutique’s No Bae Valentine’s Day on Feb. 14.