(FLINT, MICH. – November 21) From fudge to flowers to fashion, Flint & Genesee shoppers will have a wide range of local small businesses to bolster on Small Business Saturday, November 29. The Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce encourages support of the region’s small businesses as part of the kick off to the holiday shopping season. Read More »
(Fenton, MICH. – November 13, 2014) Enihcam recently opened its newly expanded facility in Fenton Township. The renovated facility represents a $1.5 million investment and will result in 30-50 new jobs over the next three years. In addition, Enihcam also launched a partnership with China-based SMTCL. Read More »
Position: Communications & Public Relations Manager
Classification: FTE, Exempt
Reports to: Director of Communications
The Communications & Public Relations Manager is responsible for all aspect of media relations, event planning, and managing, editing and writing for Chamber communications channels. This includes an enterprise Intranet, e-newsletter Inside Business; and internal news channel, FGCC News.
- Develop PR campaigns, and initiatives to promote Chamber programs and services
- Develop PR campaigns and initiatives to improve public perception of Flint and Genesee County
- Manage all aspects of media relations
- Pitch stories to the media
- Write press releases, media advisories, fact sheets and other press materials
- Integrate social media strategies into PR campaigns
- Manage, edit and write newsletters and other company materials
- Develop key messages and talking points
- Prep organization spokespeople
- Respond to information inquiries from the media and the general public
- Serve on the Public Policy staff committee and manage related communications
- Build/maintain working relationships with local and municipal officials.
- Coordinate and promote the Chamber’s Speakers Bureau
- Participate in the planning and execution of the enterprise Intranet
- Contribute to internal communications planning and delivery
- Participate in department budget planning.
- Assist other department staff with the creation and execution of the FGCC events
- Assist with photography and videography needs for FGCC projects and events
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Communications and the COO.
MINIMUM REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, or related field and/or three to five years of direct experience.
- Strong writing skills with experience in journalistic style, speech writing.
- Strong interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills, good business acumen; strong organizational and project management skills; sound judgment, initiative, flexibility, and detail-oriented.
- Ability to work well with diverse groups at all levels.
- Intermediate knowledge and skill with technology, including but not limited to personal computers, desktop or electronic publishing systems, scanners, and other electronic communication equipment
- Intermediate knowledge and skill with graphic design, page layout, and multimedia software
- Intermediate knowledge and skill with interactive technologies of the Web
- Intermediate skill with Microsoft Office and other related applications.
- Ability to adhere to priorities, meet multiple deadlines and effectively present and explain complex information.
Salary: Commensurate with applicant’s experience
Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter and three references to Wanda Twitty, Director of Human Resources for the Chamber, at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (810) 600-4062 by 5 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 3.
Date: Revised: Nov. 17, 2014
(FLINT, Mich., Nov. 14, 2014) – Hotel revenue in Flint & Genesee saw increases in September and year to date, pointing to a strong tourism industry in the county. Read More »
Posthumous Honors Presented at Art of Achievement Event
(FLINT, MICH. – November 6) Tonight, Bill Everett was honored posthumously by the Flint & Genesee Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB) as the recipient of the 2014 Community Champion Award presented during the Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce Art of Achievement Awards. The event celebrated local businesses and service superstars. Everett was honored for his commitment to Flint & Genesee and the economic impact of the Vehicle City International Old Timers Hockey Tournament, which he founded 29 years ago. Read More »
(FLINT, Mich., Nov. 7, 2014) – The Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce YouthQuest program has been awarded a $2,000 grant to support its early childhood reading curriculum. Read More »
Late Claire White Received “Woman of Achievement’ Honor during Flint & Genesee Chamber’s Art of Achievement Awards
Award to be Renamed ‘Claire White Award’ Going Forward
(FLINT, Mich., Nov. 6, 2014) – The late Claire Mott White was honored with the “Woman of Achievement Award” during the Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce Art of Achievement Awards held tonight at the Riverfront Banquet Center in downtown Flint. Read More »
2014 Art of Achievement Award Recipients Announced
(FLINT, MICH. – November 6) The Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce celebrated local businesses and service superstars this evening during the 2014 Art of Achievement Awards event. Nearly 400 people were on hand as U.S. Congressman Dan Kildee presented awards to outstanding businesses and hospitality industry stars in 12 categories at the Riverfront Banquet Center in downtown Flint. During the event honors were presented posthumously to Claire White, who received the Woman of Achievement Award and Bill Everett, who was recognized as the 2014 Community Champion. Read More »
(FLINT, MICH. – October 29) Business leadership, superior customer service and outstanding hospitality will be on full display as the Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce honors some of our region’s businesses, as well as committed and innovative individuals at the 2014 Art of Achievement Awards. U.S. Congressman Dan Kildee will host the awards ceremony, which takes place on Thursday, November 6 at the Riverfront Banquet Center in downtown Flint. Read More »
(FLINT, MICHIGAN – October 27, 2014) Looking for a way to grow your business? Then join the experts from the Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce Procurement and Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) for 4 Steps to Success in Government Contracting. The seminar takes place on Wednesday, November 5 from 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the Chamber offices in downtown Flint. Read More »