Women’s Business Committee
The Women’s Business Committee (WBC) of the Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce brings area women who are business owners, professionals and members of the Chamber together to address issues effecting professional women.
Their mission is to promote business growth by empowering, recognizing, and mentoring women in Genesee County. The WBC offers leadership training and personal development opportunities to women. It provides a strong voice for business women in our community and urges women in business to join the Chamber for the chance to participate in chamber programs supporting business opportunities.
The Women’s Business Committee coordinates the Local ATHENA Awards, part of the ATHENA International Program, and is the governing body for the ATHENA PowerLink® Program. The WBC also manages the Katharine Roat Stevens Scholarship Fund, established for entrepreneurial women wishing to continue their business education. These endeavors provide recognition and opportunities for women to reach their leadership and business growth potential.
The WBC is a resource for women business owners and business professionals providing mentoring and networking opportunities at their quarterly meetings and even a golf league to introduce women, who are “beginning golfers,” to the etiquette of golf as a business tool. They have now added a league for more experienced women golfers.
The Women’s Business Committee meets:
Schedule: The fourth Wednesday of the month, from noon to 1pm. No meeting in July, August or December. WBC Meetings and Events
Who: Open to all women business professionals
Location: A Genesee County restaurant
Members and leaders of the Women’s Business Committee;
- Chair WBC- Dawn Crichton, owner Crichton Creations, 810-629-3812, or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dian Panter – Owner, Placement Management Center, 810-659-5500 or email@example.com
- Deborah Harris – Owner, Michigan Fence Company, 810-235-4581 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ruth Kramer – Owner, Target Promotions, 810-625-1067, email@example.com
- Jane Johnson – Principal, Yeo & Yeo CPA’s, 810-732-3000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mary Kramer – Multi-Property Sales Manager, Holiday Inn Gateway, 810-232-5300 or Mary.Kramer@PillarHotels.com
- Vanessa G. Nelson SPHR, CLRL – Owner, Expert Human Resources, LLC, 810 813-8732 or email@example.com