Genesee Regional Young Professionals
Genesee Regional Young Professionals Committee (GRYP) of the Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce is geared toward young professionals living and working in our community who want to expand their social networks, grow professionally, learn to lead and make a difference in Genesee County.
Whether musicians, artists, neighborhood organizers, students, small business owners, or corporate executives, the GRYP invites all to join and represent our diverse area and bring more voices to the table. Diversity inspires creativity, creativity inspires change.
The GRYP story goes back to June 2009 when five dedicated young professionals created PLUTO, (Professionals Like Us Teaching Others). The mission of PLUTO was to engage young professionals through volunteerism, community beautification, and political activism in the city of Flint.
The Chamber recognized the passion these young people brought to the area and understood the need to support the young intellectual community because they are the future leaders of Flint & Genesee County. With the resources and integrity that the Chamber provided, PLUTO transitioned into the Genesee Regional Young Professionals (GRYP).
The mission of GRYP is to give members a way to connect their personal interests with their professional ambitions; all while having fun and giving back to the community.
GRYP goals are simple:
- Provide young professionals with personal and professional growth opportunities
- Give back to our community through volunteerism and civic engagement
- Build community pride
The Genesee Regional Young Professionals meet:
Schedule: On the 1st Monday of each month, 5:30 p.m.
Who: Any individual between the ages of 19 and 40.
Location: The Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce, 519 S. Saginaw St., Suite 200, Flint.
Join GRYP to network with other young professionals, further your career, develop your leadership skills, and give back to your community. Please call Susana Wight at 810-600-1408 to learn how or click here to complete an application.
Members and leaders of the GRYP
- Sasha Aistrop – Chair, Talmer Bank, 810-845-0259 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lonnie Maxwell-Cook – CPA at Plante & Moran, 810-766-6091 or email@example.com
- Stephanie Fenoglio – Agent Relations Administrator for HealthPlus, 810-600-8009 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Raul Villalta – Wealth Management Advisor, Wells Fargo Advisors, 810-449-4574 or email@example.com