Disability Works Committee
The Disability Works Committee of the Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce is a group of leaders from Genesee County businesses and agencies working together to establish a single source of information and support focused on people with disabilities as employees.
The goal of this committee is to serve businesses and residents of Genesee County as a primary resource of information pertaining to the employment, training or accommodations for people with disabilities. We confidentially address the needs and concerns of business owners so that a diverse, inclusive workforce will grow while providing resources for accessible products, services, and benefits.
The Disability Works Committee includes small business owners, mid-sized corporations, and civic organizations that care about individuals with physical or mental challenges yet are capable of becoming the next “best employee you ever hired.” We believe everyone who lives in Genesee County deserves an opportunity to earn a living and contribute to the growth of our community.
Our mission is to increase the economic and employment opportunities of people with disabilities while meeting the workforce needs of businesses located in Genesee County by promoting a collaborative partnership between the private, public and non-profit sectors.
The Disability Works Committee meets:
Schedule:From 11:30am-1:30pm on January 22 and April 23 of 2014.
Who: Any business owner or HR executive who are current members of the chamber.
Location: Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce, 519 S. Saginaw St., Suite 200, Flint. Conference Room A
Contact: This is a “safe” place to seek information or resources to assist businesses or residents. All questions and inquiries to this committee are confidential. For business related information contact email@example.com, for individual-related information contact firstname.lastname@example.org. **Trainings – November 26 and February 26, 2014, please contact Luke or Heather for information.
Disability Works Committee
- Chair: Ed Benning – General Manager, Mass Transportion Authority, 810-767-6950 or email@example.com
- Secretary: Vicki Sacharski – Executive Administrator, The Disability Network, 810-742-1800 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mike Zelley – Executive Director, The Disability Network, 810-742-1800 or email@example.com
- Ron Newton – CEO, Newton International Companies, 810-767-5111 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Disability Works Champions
- Dan Crannie – CEO, Signs by Crannie, 810-487-0000 or email@example.com
- Luella Sherman – Human Resources Director, Genesee Packaging, 810-235-6120 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Randy Kilbreath – Owner, VP Total Solutions, 810-524-5799 or email@example.com
- Ernie Hlinsky – Human Resources Director, Richfield Industries, 810-233-0440 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Charlene Lizotte – Owner, All About Awareness, 810-429-0815 or email@example.com
- Charles Kuta – President, RS Field Group, 810-744-1520 or Charles.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rick Andrus – General Manager, Level 11 Physical Therapy, 810-771-7686 or email@example.com
- Suzanne Howell – Executive Director, Michigan Rehabilitative Services, 810-760-2103 or HowellS2@michigan.gov
- Don Dees – Manager, Michigan Rehabilitative Services, 810-760-9608 or DeesD1@michigan.gov